Previous Next

Jesus Prays to Be Glorified

17After Jesus said this, he looked toward sky(A) and prayed:

"Begetter, the hour has come up.(B) Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.(C) 2For you granted him potency over all people(D) that he might give eternal life(E) to all those you lot have given him.(F) threeAt present this is eternal life: that they know you,(M) the just truthful God, and Jesus Christ, whom yous have sent.(H) 4I have brought you lot glory(I) on earth by finishing the work you lot gave me to do.(J) 5And now, Father, glorify me(Chiliad) in your presence with the glory I had with you(50) before the earth began.(M)

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

6"I have revealed yous[a] (North) to those whom you gave me(O) out of the earth. They were yours; yous gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7At present they know that everything you accept given me comes from you lot. 8For I gave them the words you gave me(P) and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you,(Q) and they believed that you sent me.(R) 9I pray for them.(S) I am not praying for the world, but for those yous take given me,(T) for they are yours. xAll I take is yours, and all y'all have is mine.(U) And glory has come to me through them. elevenI will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the globe,(V) and I am coming to you.(W) Holy Father, protect them past the power of[b] your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one(X) as we are one.(Y) 12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name y'all gave me. None has been lost(Z) except the 1 doomed to destruction(AA) then that Scripture would exist fulfilled.(AB)

13"I am coming to you lot now,(AC) only I say these things while I am even so in the earth, so that they may have the total measure of my joy(AD) within them. xivI have given them your word and the earth has hated them,(AE) for they are not of the world whatever more than I am of the earth.(AF) 15My prayer is not that you lot have them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.(AG) 16They are not of the globe, even as I am not of it.(AH) 17Sanctify them by[d] the truth; your discussion is truth.(AI) xviiiAs you sent me into the earth,(AJ) I have sent them into the world.(AK) nineteenFor them I sanctify myself, that they too may exist truly sanctified.(AL)

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20"My prayer is non for them alone. I pray likewise for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one,(AM) Father, simply as y'all are in me and I am in yous.(AN) May they also be in united states of america so that the globe may believe that you lot have sent me.(AO) 22I take given them the celebrity that you gave me,(AP) that they may be one every bit we are one(AQ) 23I in them and you lot in me—and then that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world volition know that you lot sent me(AR) and accept loved them(Equally) even as you have loved me.

24"Father, I want those you accept given me(AT) to be with me where I am,(AU) and to see my glory,(AV) the celebrity yous have given me because you loved me earlier the creation of the world.(AW)

25"Righteous Father, though the globe does non know y'all,(AX) I know you, and they know that you take sent me.(AY) 26I accept made you[e] known to them,(AZ) and will continue to make you lot known in order that the love you have for me may be in them(BA) and that I myself may be in them."

Footnotes

  1. John 17:6 Greek your name
  2. John 17:11 Or Father, keep them faithful to
  3. John 17:12 Or kept them faithful to
  4. John 17:17 Or them to alive in accordance with
  5. John 17:26 Greek your name

Bible Gateway Recommends